Saturday, April 9, 2011

Curiosity

Banner By: Ziva21
Title: Curiosity
Rating: PG-13
Author: Sxymami0909
Fandom: Vampire Diaries
Pairing: Damon/Elena
Word Count: 1,100
Prompt: “Elena wonders how the kiss took place between Damon and Katherine, and Damon tells her (in similar words) what he said, all the while moving closer and closer into Elena's personal space. He details/describes the moments leading up to the kiss ... and things continue from there.” from Arabian written for the Damon/Elena prompt & kink meme.



It shouldn’t bother her, not really. After all she was with Stefan. But she couldn’t help the curiosity that stirred within her. Damon had kissed Katherine. Why? After everything she’d put him through, all the pain and heartache, why would he let her get that close again?

He’d spent the better part of the last few months cursing her name and what, the moment he sees her all of his reasons for hating her go out the window? Elena scoffed out loud. Katherine couldn’t be that wonderful.

She thought the name with scorn. Not after what she did to Damon, the way she treated the love he had given to her so loyally. All the pain he’d inflicted since moving to Mystic Falls, all the people who had been killed, it had been because of her.

Sure he’d enjoyed most of it, but that didn’t change the fact that he’d done it all with Katherine in his mind. Elena let out a frustrated sigh as she slammed the book that was resting on her lap shut. Damon had been watching the myriad of emotions crossing her face for the past five minutes, curiosity churning inside him.

He cleared his throat and she jumped, body twisting around on the sofa. She glared up at his smirking face before rolling her eyes and turning away from him. He walked around to the front of the couch and plopped down on it next to her.

“What are you doing here Miss Gilbert? I thought you and my darling brother were out running errands.”

She shrugged.

“Didn’t feel like going. Why. Did you need me to leave? Do you have other plans that I’m interrupting?”

The edge of his mouth turned up slightly at the corner at the mixture of sarcasm and irritation in her voice. Something was bothering her and if he had to guess he’d say it had to do with Katherine. Mischief sparked in his eyes as he settled an arm over the back of the couch.

“Plans? What other plans might I have?”

“I don’t know, plans with your little girlfriend perhaps?”

He couldn’t fight the grin that took over his face that time.

“Why Elena, is that…jealousy that I sense?”

She snorted and glanced in his direction.

“Please, jealousy? I think not.”

“Then what’s with the attitude. I mean I know I’m not your favorite person, but you’ve been a bit more testy than normal these past few weeks.”

Elena bit her lip, turned, sat on her knees and hesitated before addressing him.

“You kissed her.”
He arched an eyebrow.

“Who?”

“Her.”

Damon pursed his lips together and nodded.

“Katherine?”

“Obviously.”

Damon smirked.

“Well Elena it’s not that obvious it’s not as if I haven’t kissed a woman since then.”

She glared at him. He sighed and nodded.

“Yes I kissed Katherine.”

“Yes Damon, I’m aware. Inquiring minds want to know why?”

He studied her face for a while and right as she turned her head convinced that he wasn’t going to tell her anything he spoke.

“Honestly?”

She swallowed hard arching an eyebrow in his direction.

“I expect nothing less from you.”

He gave a nonchalant shrug and glanced forward at the fireplace.

“I thought she was you.”

She did a double take mouth agape and he smiled at the expression.

“Me?”

She squeaked and he chuckled.

“Yup. She let me stand there prattling on about how I came to town to destroy it and wound up wanting to save it, how I can’t be good and the only reason Bonnie helped save me is because of you, yadda yadda yadda. All the while pretending to be you. I still can’t believe I fell for it.”

Confusion settled on Elena’s face.

“How you’re not good?”

He turned and met her eyes as he spoke.

“Yeah. It was funny actually.”

He shifted closer to her on the couch and she sucked in a deep breath, his voice low as he spoke.

“I had just got done telling you, well her that Bonnie did it for you, which meant that somewhere along the way, you decided that I was worth saving and I said I wanted to…thank you…for that.”

Damon leaned into her personal space slowly and Elena’s heartbeat picked up speed. His lips were by her cheek, warm breath falling against her skin as he continued speaking.

“So I leaned in just like this and placed a kiss right here…”

His voice trailed off as soft, warm lips pressed gently against her cheek and Elena was sure her heart stopped the moment his lips brushed against her skin. They felt different then she imagined, not that she had imagined what it would feel like.

He pulled back slowly taking in the wide eyed look on her face and dilated pupils. He reached out hand cupping her cheek and she unintentionally leaned into it.

“And then you gave me the strangest look and I couldn’t help it. Your lips were calling out to me, I had to taste you. So I moved in like this…”

She gasped as his body again shifted closer their legs brushing each other. She could feel something tingling around them, pulsating between them as he moved closer, his lips brushing hers. The sound of the door opening startled her.

She blinked, sitting up alert and frowned when she didn’t see Damon in front of her. Had it all been a dream? Was she daydreaming about Damon now? Elena glanced up right as Stefan walked into the room, smile on his face.

She caught sight of Damon in front of the bottles of scotch, glass in hand as she half heartedly returned Stefan’s smile. She cleared her throat and folded her arms over the back of the couch.

“Back so soon?”

“Soon? I’ve been gone for close to two hours.”

She seemed startled.

“Has it been that long?”

He walked over and nodded placing a kiss on her forehead before motioning his head towards the kitchen.

“Come on I’ll make you some dinner.”

She nodded, placed the book on the table and got up slowly. She glanced briefly back at Damon their eyes meeting. The look he sent her made a shiver run down her spine. She spoke quietly.

“Are you coming?”

“Maybe later.”

She nodded hesitating briefly before turning and heading into the kitchen. It shouldn’t have bothered her, the kiss, not really. But she couldn’t help the curiosity that had stirred within her and now that she knew, the knowledge that Damon thought he was kissing her only made life that much more difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment